Safeguarding children is everyone’s responsibility.
The Designated Safeguarding Leads at St Wilfrid’s is Mr Nick Glover.
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are Mrs Forrester & Mrs Wright
Our Safeguarding Link Governor is Ms Lorraine Grolik.
Our staff are trained to Level 1 in Safeguarding Children. Our staff are aware of their responsibilities detailed in KCSIE. See the link below.
Keeping children safe during community activities, after-school clubs and tuition: Questions to help parents and carers choose out-of-school settings
As we start a new school year, parents may well be looking for after-school clubs, theatre groups or sports’ clubs. The DfE has a document that helps parents identify the safeguarding issues to consider when choosing a provider. Keeping children safe during community activities, after-school clubs and tuition: Questions to help parents and carers choose out-of-school settings.
Parents can access the guidance here .
Worried about a child? If there is immediate danger phone the Police on 999.
Find more information at Stoke-on-Trent’s Safeguarding Children’s Board website.
If you are worried about your child being radicalised click the link below;
When is it safe to leave my child at home alone?
A parents guide to online safety.
Prevent – Prevent is about safeguarding and supporting those vulnerable to radicalisation. Prevent is 1 of the 4 elements of CONTEST, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy. It aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
- Age Restrictions for Social Media Platforms
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Information
- Know About Child Sexual Exploitation
- National Online Safety- Parent Guides (This includes all Social Media and Online Games)
- Net Aware
- North Staffordshire Carers
- Newsround- Cyber Bullying
- NSPCC- Leaving Your Child Home Alone Advice
- NSPCC-Monitoring Your Child’s Internet Use/Staying Safe Online
- Prevent Strategy
- Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Children Board
- Talk PANTS
- Young Minds